|This, my friends, is my emotional roller coaster.|
- A brand new tattoo that serves as a reminder to appreciate the small joys in life.
- TV journalist, Josh Mankiewicz of Dateline NBC reading and passing on my blog to others on Twitter. I was/am thrilled about this one. Yippee!
- Gaining some new readers because of Mr. Mankewicz. That is really the cherry on top. New readers and new friends.
- Purchasing 50 Horror Classics for $14.99 at Best Buy. So what if a lot of the movies are not the greatest! I adore a good B-movie even if it's a bad B-movie. Ha! It has a lot of really good ones in it too. These are all from the '20s-'60s, I believe. LOVE.
And then there were the lows:
- A trip to the e.r. the same day I got the tattoo. It was awful. Dizziness, headache, nausea, inner leg pain (this is where I previously had a DVT). I was scared because of my blood disorder that I had another blood clot. I didn't. Everything is fine now, but I was terrified at the time. It was an atypical migraine, which surprised the hell out of me because I've been getting migraines for upwards of 20 years and they never felt like that. I guess that's where the atypical part comes in huh?
- Depression followed closely by, you guessed it, poor eating choices. Ugh.
|She was similar to this one. I shall name her Carmen. Why not? Photo from www.funcupcakeideas.com|
Dammit! I so want to do well with my eating habits, not only for my own pig face, but for you. I don't want to let anyone down or disappoint any of you. That fucking cupcake. Why does she (no idea why the cake is a she, but in my mind she is) have to call to me in that sexy voice? "Mrs. One Day? Don't I look scrumptious tonight? Look at how my chocolate frosting swirls around the top of my moist, fudgey cake body. You want me. I want you. Let's do this." How the hell am I supposed to resist a leftover cupcake I've named Carmen, with a pickup line like that?
|Well hello there, Miss Krimpet.|
Then the husband, who is from Delaware, found out that Tastykakes are now available here in Wichita. This was so exciting...for him. I know that he loves Tastykakes and missed having them when he moved away from the East Coast. What do I do, not let him bring them in the house? He doesn't have an ounce to lose. If anything, he could stand to gain a couple of lbs. So we went to our local Wal-Mart, the only place that sells them here right now and that also occupies a special corner in the depths of hell, and picked up these heavenly little pastries. Butterscotch Krimpets (because they were out of something called, Kandy Kakes?) they are called. Come on! Stop eyeballing me, Miss Krimpet. "But you know you want my lusciousness in your mouth, Mrs. One Day. You can't resist my sweet, creamy, butterscotch icing and fluffy cake. I'm stronger than you, human!" Grrr! She was right. I gobbled her up and felt a wide variety of emotions afterward.
I was so very happy because she was so fucking delicious. I was also guilty, sad, angry, elated, deflated, (still) hungry, horny, and oddly apathetic. I guess the moral of the story is emotional eating is a real thing. A real bitch of a lady that can come in the form of depression and Tastykakes. How do you get past emotional eating? Beats the fuck out of me. If I knew that, Carmen and Miss Krimpet wouldn't have been shoved into my mouth like it was my last meal on earth.
|Photo from www.cheapcooking.com|
The good news is that today I've started anew. An apple and peanut butter for breakfast and I'll have my usual pineapple for lunch. For dinner we're having chicken that is not even fried! Wow! Stick with me, kids. I'm doing the best I can and I know you are too.
Oh and if you see Miss Krimpet and/or Carmen, tell them I said
to go to hell. Never mind, I may want them to visit at a later date. Hehe.