Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tuesday's Thoughts

Happy Hump Day Eve, y'all.  I'm still dealing with the issue with my cousin, and trying to work through the stress and adjustment of having her stay in my home with my husband and kids.  It's a trial period to see if she's sincere in her efforts to get better and to determine if she's ready to deal with the restrictions and process of earning back trust and privileges.  Also, to decide if Hubs and I can handle such additional responsibility at this time. 

Over the past two weeks I have stressed and worried until my brain was exhausted.  Finally I realized that it is not useful to waste time worrying and dwelling on something that has already happened.  Better to focus on what can be done now to improve the situation and hope for the best.  Now is the time for optimism.  A rare thing in the world today, I know.  Still, we must press on. 

So I leave you with two pieces of advice I've learned over the years.

One:  Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do, but it won't get you anywhere.

Two (From my Pawpaw):  One day a beautiful fox was running along some railroad tracks, enjoying the day.  He crossed over the tracks just as a train came by and his beautiful tail was chopped off. He was so distraught over losing his tail that he turned back to catch it in his mouth, only to have his head chopped off by the train.  Moral of the story?

Don't lose your head over a good piece of tail.


Y'all have a great day! :)

5 comments:

  1. Love the story from your pawpaw. I've been close to decapitation myself, so it made me laugh doubly hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pawpaw's always have the best advice! Mine is much the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Pawpaw's are the best aren't they? I miss mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eating richly colored fruits and vegetables such as broccoli, apricots, bell peppers and blueberries since they play bazaar satta king tend to have the highest concentrations of antioxidants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. vivid detail can help you to start feeling more successful right now. satta king

    ReplyDelete