Friday, March 16, 2012

Food Slump


 

Happy Friday everyone!

This week has been extremely interesting. I've received some rather significant news that will be a huge impact on my dieting, but we'll discuss that at a later date and time. I hope that was as mysterious as I think it was. 

Currently, I am in the midst of a food slump. Nothing appeals to me. I can't seem to get excited about anything other than the Godiva dark chocolate bar with sea salt. That's probably not the best thing a person on a diet can consume (although it may be the most delicious). It really stinks to be so blah about food. The good thing to come of this is that there is very little bored eating going on. Hopefully I'll come out of this soon. I have so new low calorie recipes I really want to try. 

By the way, if you are looking for tasty and quick low calorie/low fat/low carb recipes go over to Kraft Foods. That is my go to site for quick and easy meals. The great thing is that it also has the nutritional information for each recipe. This helps me a lot since I'm a calorie counter, I'm using the Lose It! app on my Nook. So often I have no idea what the calories are in home cooked dinners that I make, and this site eliminates the guessing and scratch paper with adding and subtracting and dividing. 

Tonight will be me and my hubby's bi-monthly grocery shopping adventure. I am already dreading it. I've been trying to meal plan all morning, but when nothing sounds good to you it's hard to decide on what to cook. Any of you have any tasty suggestions to get me out of this slump?! I'm too tired to think too clearly and my headache is also running interference with my thought processes. 

I cannot express to you all enough how excited I am that it is the weekend. I can sleep in tomorrow before I walk 2 miles for the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes. It's a good cause and I'll also get some walking time in, so that's a bonus. 




14 comments:

  1. My instincts are telling me that you and I are in the same boat. Never fear, you may find yourself losing 15 lbs. right away like I did... Your body has a weird way of getting it where it needs to be for everything to go smoothly over the coming months IF MY INSTINCTS ARE CORRECT and, now is the PERFECT time to start eating healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also.... I wasn't hungry either. LOTS OF FROZEN FRUIT, JUICE, YOGURT, and PROTEIN POWDER. It's refreshing, tastes like desert, gives your body tons of vitamins.. and won't make you wanna spew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to post something that puts all of these things together- MAKING A SMOOTHIE hahaha

      Delete
    2. I figured that's where you were going with it!

      Delete
  3. I hope the "significant news" is happy news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this news is what I think it is... I'm very excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wohooooo!!!!! That's all I got...I am in a food slump too tho. I am on a lot of steroids apparently I should be devouring everything in sight....have to remind myself to eat. This is odd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's understandable that you're in a slump. I think because of "your news" it's only natural.

    Also, where do you find said Godiva Sea Salt Chocolate Bar, because...well... for obvious reasons?

    P.S. Thanks for letting me vent this morning. Turns out the whole thing was my own fault. Ugh. Anyway, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it at Barnes & Noble... and I found a slightly cheaper Ghiriadeli (however it's spelled) version at the grocery last night.

      Delete
  7. Chocolate? Where?

    I'm also in a food slump. I'm so sick of...well... everything except the stuff has I can stuff cheese into. But we're not in the same boat. I think you know what I mean by the "same boat". *HUGE WINK*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder what the news could be *whistles innocently*. I'm in a bit of a slump between not having time to grocery shop and being bored with everything... I have to grocery shop today and I just got paid so hopefully I can come up with some interesting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL at Yandie. I can't wait for you to share the news with everyone. It's like a reality show where you leave people hanging, waiting for the winner to be called. Greatness.

    I was actually planning on sharing a recipe for Tuesday, since I was a total idiot and forgot about my day this past week. Can't believe I did that.

    Go to healthy living website (same as the magazine) for some great recipes. I went there and found a lot of easy to cook, low-fat meals.

    ReplyDelete