Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I think I'm bipolar. Or a bi-eater. (Just making up words now.)

I've been a very, very bad girl.  Then I was a good girl for a while, then a bad girl for a day, then a good girl for a few days. 

It's like a freaking roller coaster of I love good food/I love bad food.  I'm starting to think my hormones are out of whack.

I'll be doing superwoman-good on my food choices, then hubs will look at me wrong and I'm headed to the store for a (mini) pack of Oreos.  I'll do my daily walk and be feeling great about myself, only to give in and sneak a few bites of the moist yellow cake with cream cheese icing I made one night because Hubs asked me to.

I've just had an epiphany:  My husband is to blame for all of my food failures. 

Not really, but isn't that part of the job description - taking the blame for everything? 

For argument's sake we'll just go with it. 

Anyhoo, as mentioned previously, my life is nothing but school right now.  I'm THISCLOSE to finishing up my degree, and as such the pressure is increasing.  I'm also ecstatic to be going to Europe this summer for two weeks.  NOTE:  This is yet another reasons to buckle down and stick to this lifestyle change; I don't want to be the fat chick on the plane everyone hates to get stuck next to.  No, thank you.

So, I'm on track with my daily walks, and if my stupid Wii would stop acting a fool I could do my Zumba a few nights a week.  I need to figure out some type of effective workout for my arms to get rid of the cafeteria lady arm (you know, that jello-y, jiggly consistency that makes tank tops and sleveless clothing forbidden).  As of yesterday I'm down 27 pounds total, which is huge considering I started a little over two months ago. 

I hope everyone is having a fantastical March.  I'm ready for Spring to be gone so my nose can stop spazzing over the pollen that is covering EVERYTHING in sight.  That said, you'll definitely see me complaining all summer about hellishly hot Louisiana summers.  Ah, the good 'ol South. 

Bea, out!

7 comments:

  1. I call my cafeteria lady arms "flapadoodles" 'cause they flap when the wind blows too hard. LOL!!!! Tricep dips seem to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 27 lbs in two months?? That's fantastic! I hope I can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing an AMAZING job! Even with pitfalls here and there you are killin' it! Congrats on the successes!

    I'll agree that it's all your husbands fault, I blame everything on mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I love this. I remember that my highschool softball coach called them "bingo arms." I still use the term and laugh every time I do. I think you're doing GREAT! 27 pounds is amazing. And even if we slip and ravage the fridge for a spoonful of vanilla funfetti frosting and a box of thin mints (not like I'd do such a thing), the important thing is we keep our eyes on the prize. Which, in my case, is to be able to cross my legs without a table leg to brace it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. a) I'm am infinitely proud of your 27 pound loss!!!, b) I forgot to mention Monday that I lost Arthur and one of his pals, Horace. Woohoo!, c) I couldn't be more jealous of a European trip. It's on my bucket list!, d) I have no idea why I'm a,b,c-ing, e) I call mine "swingset arms" and I hate them with a passion. Since I can't lift anything over like 2 lbs. with my left hand and can't grip anything more than a few seconds, I have no clue how to rid myself of the umm...playground equipment?, f) YOU CAN ALWAYS BLAME THE HUSBAND! *wink*, g) Keep it up, girl. You CAN do this. Just a little setback. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your progress hints that you've been a good girl. ;)

    For your arms: Maybe try some small free weights for when you work out? Smaller weights and more reps = leaner muscle tone, as opposed to bulk. I'm sure you know that, though. Or maybe something fun, like boxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow well done on the 27 pounds! Keep up the good work!
    Hope you have an amazing time in Europe wherever you're going :D

    ReplyDelete