Sunday, March 4, 2012

I Just Gotta Dance!!

Nobody puts Baby in a corner! You knew it was coming when you saw this photo!

It's Monday again, kids and what is new since last Monday? Well, I'll went to my pain management appointment and explained how I've been having HORRIBLE joint pain for at least 6 weeks now along with a scratchy throat/hoarse voice and can she PLEASE fucking help me? She took 8765123131 vials of blood to check for rheumatoid arthritis and vitamin D deficiency, gave me 2 new meds to try and sent me on my way. I'll find out the results today or tomorrow (hopefully), but I'm still annoyed. I'm so tired of going in with new symptoms all the damn time. Cut me some slack, oh powers that be!!

Ackkk!!!!

What does this have to do with a weight loss blog? Plenty. Because I've had such excruciating pain, I haven't been able to exercise because even getting up out of my chair is torture. We're talking worse than being forced to watch Carrot Top in Vegas or Kathie Lee Gifford on morning TV bash everyone who disagrees with her.

You, sir are down right adorable... and doable. Ahem.
I lost Arthur (I name the pounds I lose if you're new to my lunacy) last week, which is fan-fucking-tastic, but his cousin Gordon is still holding on like one of those people in the movies who fall off the ledge they are supposedly going to jump from, but then change their minds after they are dangling by their fingers and are rescued by a handsome fireman. Let's make him, John Cusack, for example because I like John Cusack as much as I like Girl Scout cookies. Rawr!

Am I the only one who liked Farmer Ted better than Jake Ryan?

Anyway, I'm hoping for answers this week. That's all, just some god damn answers. Once I have those then I'll be able to get back to dancing around my living room like a lunatic for exercise. I love dancing around my living room  like a lunatic for a couple of reasons:

This scene in Valley Girl was when I first heard one of my all-time favorite songs, I Melt With You.

  1. It makes me feel young again. Sometimes I re-enact the dancing scenes from '80's movies like Sixteen Candles (not John Cusack's sexiest role, but he was hilarious so points for that), Footloose (hellooooo Kevin Bacon... mmm...bacon), and Valley Girl (remember when Nicolas Cage wasn't scary and didn't choose crappy film roles?).
  2. I just feel good afterward. I feel happy and invigorated while I'm flailing my arms ala Elaine on Seinfeld. I sometimes even do the thumbs and the little kicks just to make myself laugh.
Oh Ren, you had me at listening to Quiet Riot in your VW Beetle. le sigh
So everyone do me a favor and send healing thoughts and good vibes my way. I just want to be able to do my own brand of exerdancing or dancercising in my pajamas to the sounds of "the olden days" when hair bands and hairspray were king. In the words of Ren McCormick, LET'S DANCE! Cue the Kenny Loggins!

10 comments:

  1. I'm definitely sending good vibes your way, you deserve them the very most.

    John Cusak, mmmmRAWR! I love him so much I have forgiven him for Most Love Dogs and I'm eagerly awaiting The Raven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I agree. He is yumm-o-rific! I like him in Grosse Pointe Blank, Being John Malkovich, Pushing Tin, High Fidelity, even the sap fest that is Serendipity. Haha! I can't wait for The Raven either. I adore Poe anyway, so Mr. Cusack portraying him will just be the cherry on top.

      And thank you for the good vibes. You're such a peach :) Mwah!

      Delete
  2. This post gets a thumbs up from me cause of the Swayze picture. I miss him. :-(

    I'll be praying/sending good vibes your way. It'll alll be better soon, my dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was great, wasn't he. It makes me so sad when people, particularly iconic people from my youth, pass on far too soon. It always seems like a part of my youth dies too. I loved Dirty Dancing. It always makes me smile when I hear the music from it or catch it on TV.

      I feel the same way when any of the other '80's gems come on or ANY other John Hughes classics. In fact, I think maybe I'll watch The Breakfast Club today. What a great one that is!

      Thank you so much for your warmness and kind words. These are the things that will get me through all of this medical bullshit.

      Delete
  3. Sending good vibes your way, 'cause girl you gotta get your groove back!!!! I too am a living room dancer. Nothing makes me feel better than to put on my 80's tunes, thrown in with a little disco (YES I DID SAY DISCO) and dance like a complete lunatic. Hell, sometimes I strip down to my underwear and just let loose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! There ya go. Saturday Night Fever it up in the living room. Whatever it takes!

      Delete
  4. That stinks. I hope you get answers soon and will be able to dance again. That made you feel so much more enthusiastic. We all need our positive parts.

    Sending prayers and good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bea. Fingers crossed that they call me today! It really did make me feel not only enthusiastic, but just better about myself in general. I am ready to get back to it!!

      Thank you so much for your support, as always.

      Delete
  5. I know it's a side note to your post but I'm with you on the blood work. Why do they need to drain you when they can't figure out what's wrong? Did she at least give you good drugs like Oxycontin or is it some cheesy version of an NSAID- which give you NO high at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turns out it is a Vitamin D deficiency. Who knew that not getting out in the sun enough would cause such terrible joint pain? I am already on Lortab because of my CRPS, but because my liver functions were also elevated, they are switching me to Dilaudid. Yes...the good stuff. Hahaha!

      Delete