Friday, March 23, 2012

Saltines

Guys, I don't know what we've been working our asses off for. I have found the perfect diet! Just get pregnant! You're all skeptical, I see that. Just hear me out. 


All week I've been tossing my cooking like it's my job (as an impending mother, I guess it IS my job). I have no desire for the vast majority of most foods. Either I turn my nose up at it all or I throw up in my mouth a little just thinking about it. What I do consume during the day has a pretty decent chance of coming back up. Saltines and gingerale- this has been my lunches all week. Of course, this only works from the morning until around 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoon. After that I'm actually good to go food wise, if I can find something to interest me that is. 


I do find myself craving fruits. Pineapple, watermelon, berries- I happily throw down on all of these. Along with Reese Peanut Butter Cup Cereal. So I mean, there's that. I have a pineapple at home just waiting for the hubby to cut up for me and I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy tonight. 


I know that this is a weight loss blog and I'm going to be gaining about 15 pounds with the baby. Average sized women are supposed to gain more than that, but since I'm already overweight I'm supposed to gain less. I, honestly, am not too concerned with what I gain. I don't want to be a giant whale, but I want a healthy baby, so I'm going to do whatever I have to do to ensure that. I know this means in the new year (2013 new year that is) I'm going to be throwing down for reals on the diet front. So far this year, I've lost close to 8 pounds. So I'll be gaining double that back. And quite possibly more. 


In the mean time, I'm going to be focusing on eating healthy and battling food cravings and some exercises that are good for expecting ladies. It's going to be quite the journey and I'm super excited to be on it. 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! So glad to see you have such a healthy attitude about the weight gain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! If there was ever an excuse to eat, it's because you're eating for two.

    Yes, you're going to gain a few pounds. With my first one I gained 30 pounds, but the day after I had her I had lost 25 because I was mostly fluid. (I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief after that, I was freaking out about all that extra weight). Then with my second I only gained 9 pounds, and she was 7.14. I didn't do anything in particular, that's just how it worked out. I think women's bodies are different and you never know how much you'll gain or where you'll gain it. I'm glad you are amenable to it and you already know you can lose the weight afterwards so kudos to you.

    Yay! I can't wait to read pregnancy food posts! I wish I had kept a record of those (although Hubs has some funny food stories about me. I once cried over a cheeseburger. True story.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations...my wife is now 26 weeks and has just kept to her normal diet and not really gained that much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bea, with my first I was really poor and craving McDonald's so I can totally relate to crying over cheeseburgers. I'd say during pregnancy not too worry too much about restricting calories, just try to choose healthy foods. I was overweight with both kids so I only put on 22 and 15 lbs, respectively.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that we are going to have a pregnant woman's point of view now! We've got it all covered. haha!

    ReplyDelete