Wednesday, March 28, 2012

NSV time!

For those who may not be familiar with the term, NSV is an acronym that means "Non-scale victory". An NSV is basically something that shows you what kind of progress you are makin, progress that might not be reflected in the numbers on the scale.

Moved down a notch on your belt? That's a non-scale victory.

Ran a block without getting winded? Did a full sit up? Those are non scale victories.

Finally saw your feet for the first time in years? NSV baby!

NSV's are an important thing to recognize and celebrate, because let's face it.. Sometimes those numbers on the scale don't move fast enough for our liking. But that doesn't mean we aren't making progress. No ma'am.

I celebrated a big NSV this week. Previously I spoke of pants and my wear vs my no-wear drawer. Well, this past Saturday, lacking something to wear for a night out, I decided to venture into the no-wear drawer and to my delight, after losing about 9 lbs, I have moved two more pairs into the "wear" drawer, including one pair that at one time were my very favorite pair. I was so happy I ran out to the living to dance around and show off to Guy For Whom I Have Not Come Up With A Good Blog Alias™

I had intended to show a progress pic, and even had the eldest child take a blurry, head-cut-off photo with the iPad but it occurs to me that I still am unable to upload pics to Blogger. I'll tell you what, though, if you follow me on Twitter, I'll go ahead and post it there. Sound like a plan? K.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Can't imagine that you can post pics to twitter and not to blogger, but I can celebrate the win either way. :) Nice jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "NSV" has just entered my vocabulary.

    :-)

    Congratulations on your NSV, JJ!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, and you are absolutely right! NSVs are just as important as that number on the scale - and sometimes they feel better, too!

    Way to go on getting into your favorite pants! Soon they'll be too big for you as well... you'll have to make a purse out of them or something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go!!! I'm so proud of you. I could use an NSV right about now.

    ReplyDelete